Wednesday, March 12, 2008

In the beginning ...

Bet I'm not the first person faced with this dilema: Blogging newbie, site freshly customised, ready to go and ... not as much to say as I'd thought.

Maybe some thoughts about the Highway Code?

When I sat for my driving test I'd practiced answering hundreds of multiple choice questions for days on end but, what all these answers eventually boiled down to was two rules of the road which I believe cover every single contingency: 'Give way' and 'Don't interupt the flow'. Think about it, take the most esoteric traffic situation test question and take it step by step, you'll get back to one of these two rules as to what each car should do.

Could the rules be more widely applied? A new creed? Could it really be that simple?

2 comments:

sikam said...

Welcome Izzy
sikam

Dancin Fool said...

Greetings! I am very excited and happy to welcome you to the wonderful world of blogging...you may find that in a short while you have too much to say! It is very addictive!

I totally agree with you about the highway code. It does all come down to those two things. If people drove with that code of good manners and consideration in mind driving would be a complete joy!

I am missing the quite and considerate roads of Scotland at the moment where the roads dictate manners. Speed at your peril as most roads offer a crash mat of a mountain or a loch.....not too dissimilar to Greece!

BYE for now!